Monday, December 24, 2012

27th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS IN SHILLONG 2012



27TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS IN SHILLONG 2012

God has His ways to express His love to his dear ones in His own way. This year my birthday celebration have been a unique platform to experience more wonders and blessings from God and from people who manifest God’s love to me. To my amazement as I woke up from bed, I was solemnly greeted by Jesus A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Just a Divine Mercy picture next to my bed, a bit big one. I thanked God for adding another year of life in my dictionary.
After my wash, I dressed bit good, and humbly walked into the church. As the meditation and morning prayers were commenced, my mind just flipped back to past one year how I had spend, the gift of God. Down in my heart, a good share of it, I felt very happy and contented. All the same I do acknowledge and admit that I am not a saint, but a sinner. As the grand Eucharistic celebration began, a great amount of peace and happiness surrounded me. There was Joy and serene. Am going to tell you something that is quiet contradictory…after the gospel sharing of the priest…as the offertory hymn been sung…tears started rolling down the cheek. Significantly I was unable to discover why such a emotional sensation stuck over me and just like that.  
The day went on with good number of phone calls from friends, wishing Joyous Birthday…and God’s abundant blessings. After the Rosary service in the evening, to my surprise, a get-together was arranged by my community. These were indeed surprising moments for me. Lots of fun, good words on birthday, everyone wishing God’s blessings…something very nice, which I never expected…dude to my current chair that I was holding in the community.
As I retire to bed, I thanked God for the wonder of His creation. Special for blessing me with this gift of life, to share in this human race, to enjoy and contribute for its growth and development.
Thank you dear mom and dad and family members, and for all those who contribute through their love and sacrifices, prayed for you all today in a special way. May God continue to bless you all in your endeavors and life’s journey towards Him. Thank you and every grateful to you……..Paps

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Introduction to Spiritual Direction

 Introduction: I would like you to journey with me in this systematic process of learning on what is spiritual direction. What exactly do we...