Thursday, December 23, 2010

BLOOD DONATION CAMP AT DON BOSCO ACADEMY 18TH DECEMBER 2010


As the famous saying goes by Gandhi: “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”. Saying of the Red Cross society is that “donating blood saves lives”. On 18th December 2010 the College Youth of the Don Bosco Academy have come forward in donating blood. There were 40 students from the college who donated blood. Rev. Fr. Balashowry SDB, the Principal of Don Bosco Degree and P.G College took the initiative in organizing this programme, with the help of Dr. Sudhkar, the Director of the Red Cross Society, Government hospital, Nalgonda.

Speaking on the occasion Rev. Fr. Balashowry SDB, the Principal of the Don Bosco Degree and P.G College, spoke that, due to the lack of well organized donor agencies in the state, the blood donors are diminishing. At present only ten percent of the required blood comes from voluntary donors, while the rest comes from family members and friends of patients who need blood.

I am K. Mohan, a student of Don Bosco Degree College. I tried to give blood when I was 16, but was declined in my junior college. I was finally able to give blood and have given twice in Don Bosco Degree College. I love donating blood to save the lives of the people every time. It makes me feel like a better person.

It was a joyful gesture to see a lot of youth participating in blood donation. The students were well appreciated and encouraged by the management and staff.




No comments:

Post a Comment

An Introduction to Spiritual Direction

 Introduction: I would like you to journey with me in this systematic process of learning on what is spiritual direction. What exactly do we...