Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LIFE BEGINS AT 24

LIFE BEGINS AT 24

The very important rhythms of the person begin along a lifetime. A child’s step is not the same as an old man’s. An adolescent’s thinking is not the same as an adult’s. That’s why the so called physiological patterns in life are twenty three for the physical one, twenty eight for the emotional, and thirty three for the intellectual cycle. I feel that each age has its crown.

When I completed twenty three years a group of friends greeted me with joy and love and a cake on whose surface my photo was photocopied. I spontaneously burst our and said life beings at twenty four. I felt fine not only for that moment but for the new stage I was starting in an already long and eventful life. But when I said that one of my friends asked me why life begins only at twenty four? I am twenty two he said. I replied when your are twenty two life begins at twenty two, when forty, at forty, and when eighty at eighty. That’s how life is lived. Discovering each sate as it comes and entering into it with full faith. I am not you and you are not me. You are a charming young man as I am.

A friend of mine sent an email which I felt very helpful for life

1. Take care the way you look daily. Dress up be spotless clean, put on your best clothes as though going to a feast.

2. Do not lock yourself up in your house or in your room.

3. Love doing physical exercises.

4. Never believe yourself to be weaker than you really are. Nobody wants to hear stories about sickness, hospitals.

5. Be positive in judgements, good humoured in word, smiling in face, pleasing in gestures.

6. Try to make yourself useful to yourself and to others. Be an example to others, with your joy, smile, piece of advice and encouragement.

7. Keep all the relationships alive. Learn to listen.

8. Stop cursing the past, and condemning the world around you. Be happy at your age.


I conclude with this, our true life begins after our present one, and that will be the only real life. At present life begins where we are and after our death it begins at eternity. What happens is that we don’t know what eternity is. And not knowing it is the best what could happen to us in this matter, because that shows that it is something far beyond and far above anything we can even conceive.

Love and Prayers
Papi Reddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Introduction to Spiritual Direction

 Introduction: I would like you to journey with me in this systematic process of learning on what is spiritual direction. What exactly do we...